Think Ahead covers the Wigan, Leigh and surrounding wards – an area with a population of approximately 310,000.
Running costs for Think Ahead are expected to rise substantially this year as we attract new members and offer further opportunities to survivors and their families.
Please consider how you can support us to help local people with a largely misunderstood medical condition.
A donation or support will be greatly appreciated and we will always acknowledge your efforts.
You may want to call in to Think Ahead with your family and friends to hand over personally the money you wish to donate.
If so please give us a call so we can make sure that one of our staff is available to make you feel very welcome.
Telephone: 01942 824 888
Even just £3 per month can make a massive difference to our survivors, their carers and families and regular gifts allow us to plan for the future more effectively.
One off Donations
A donation of any amount helps us to continue to offer support to our members.
If you are a tax payer and are kind enough to make a donation you will already have paid tax on this money. Government changes, made in April 2000 allow charities, like Think Ahead, to reclaim the basic tax rate of your donation from the Inland Revenue.
Reasons to Donate
Reasons why donations help Think Ahead make a difference
- 1000 people in the Wigan / Leigh area will have a stroke this year.
- 350,000 people in the UK have a stroke, each year.
- Stroke is the one of the largest causes of death in the UK.
- 70% of those who have a Stroke, survive.
- Most stroke survivors are left with varying degrees of disability that requires assistance.
- Stroke is the largest contributor to disability in the community and Think Ahead provides help and support to those in the LOCAL area.
How to Donate
PayPal – The safer, easier way to pay online.
Think Ahead is registered with BT MyDonate for online fundraising and donations.
Fundraisers can create a sponsorship page or donate for free.