image description

Housing Needs

If your stroke affects the way you live and you need to make modifications to your home, see the list of of organisation which can help.
Did you know?

Approximately 15 million people worldwide have a stroke each year.

Housing Needs

Who should I contact if my stroke affects my housing needs?

There are Departments of the local authority (council) which could help you. You can register with the Housing Department and could get immediate attention by registering as technically “homeless” if your property has become unsuitable for you. (Applies to council tenants only).

Housing Department
Tel: 01942 705 040

Grants for any adaptations may be obtained from the Council’s Adult Services Department. Your local Adult Services Department can arrange for an assessment of your needs if you request one.

Adult Services Department – Central Duty Team
Tel: 01942 828 777

I have recently had a stroke and I need help with...